With Apple Pay, it is quite easy to purchase something using your iPhone or Apple Watch. As the payment method is safe and contactless, you no longer need to worry about taking your cash and cards with you.
However, As a coffee lover, you might be thinking if Starbucks takes Apple Pay and if it does, how can you use it? Here we will solve all your queries.
Does Starbucks Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Starbucks accepts Apple Pay at all its store locations. You can make purchases using Apple Pay in-store, drive-thru, and even on the Starbucks app. The good news is that with your compatible iPhone or Apple Watch, you can pay securely with your Apple Pay Wallet without paying any extra fees or charges.
How to Use Apple Pay at Starbucks?
Apple Pay is a one-touch payment system that keeps both your credit and debit card details to make cashless payments at Starbucks. All you need is to open the Apple Pay app, choose the card with which you want to make the payment, and hold your device near the POS machine.
Use Apple Pay to Reload Starbucks Card
If the balance of your Starbucks card becomes low, you can use Apple Pay as an alternate payment option. It will withdraw the amount straight from the cards you’ve saved on the Apple Pay app. You can also recharge your Starbucks card using the Apple Pay payment option.
Furthermore, reloading your Starbucks card can let you earn some loyalty points. You’ll get two credit points from Starbucks for each dollar that you can save for later to buy food from Starbucks.
Here’s a quick guide on recharging your Starbucks card:
- Open the Starbucks app and tap on your profile icon.
- Navigate to the Starbucks card & payment tab.
- Choose the card you want to reload.
- Turn on the Auto-reload option for your benefit.
- Choose Apple Pay as the payment option and you’re ready to go.
Use Apple Pay At the Store
If you’re buying something from a Starbucks store, you can make a cashless transaction using your saved payment details on Apple Pay. You will easily do the transaction once you connect your device to a network.
- Open the Starbucks app and tap on the Pay icon.
- Hold your Apple gadget near the contactless POS device.
- At the payment counter, scan the barcode.
- It will automatically make the payment and send you a message once done.
Use Apple Pay for Starbucks Drive-Thru
You can use Apple Pay at the Starbucks Drive-Thru to get your favorite beverage and snack items. The process is similar to the in-store payment process.
In case, you face any problem while scanning the barcode, ask any Starbucks employee to hold the scanner near your device to resolve the issue.
Are There Any Charges to Use Apple Pay at Starbucks?
No, Starbucks doesn’t ask for extra charges to use Apple Pay as the payment option. However, Apple may ask for a nominal amount for taking good care of all your yearly transactions via the Apple Pay app.
How to Add Starbucks Gift Card on Apple Pay?
Generally, you’ll need a stable internet connection to make payments on Starbucks using Apple Pay.
Nevertheless, if you link your Starbucks gift card with Apple Pay, then you don’t need the internet to make the transaction. Also, you can redeem the card at any outlet of Starbucks. Here’s how to do so:
- Open the Starbucks app on your device.
- Tap on the Cards icon located at the bottom.
- You’ll see a new window with all the Starbucks cards connected to your account.
- Tap on the Details icon beside the card you like to link to Apple Pay.
- Choose Add to Apple Wallet and tap on Add from the top right corner.
- Now, open your Apple Pay Wallet and check whether your Starbucks gift card has been added successfully.
After that, you’ll need to follow the same process, where you would scan the barcode to pay at Starbucks.
What Are Other Forms of Payment That Starbucks Accept?
Apart from the traditional way of paying with cash and Apple Pay, there are other forms of payment you can use at Starbucks, such as:
- Starbucks Card.
- Credit and Debit Card.
- Google Pay.
- Bakkt Cash.
How to Set Up Apple Pay
Here’s a step-by-step guide to setting up Apple Pay:
- Open the Apple Pay App on your iPhone. This app is already available on your phone, so there’s no need to download or install it.
- Tap on the Plus (+) sign that allows you to add your card details.
- You will get an option to select either a Credit or Debit card. Choose your preferred option and tap on Continue.
FYI: In this section, you can also add loyalty cards for stores that you frequently visit. Adding a loyalty card is easy– all you have to do is to scan the barcode and open the webpage in Safari. Check the box that indicates that you have agreed to all the terms and conditions of the loyalty card. Next, tap on Add, located at the top-right corner.
- Add your card details such as credit or debit card number, expiration date, card holder’s name, and security code. Apart from manually adding the card details, you can also take a clear picture of your card to register all the details.
- Once you have added all the details, you need to verify the same with the bank or financial institution to that you want to add the card. You may need to enter a PIN sent to you via SMS or email to complete the process.
- You can add additional cards as well. The maximum number of cards that you can add to a single Apple Pay account is eight. The first card that you add will automatically become your primary payment method. However, you can change the default card option at any time.
- If you use an Apple watch, make sure to add the card details for your Apple Watch as well.
Thanks to Apple Pay, you can pay for your Starbucks order with just the tap of a finger on your iPhone or Apple Watch. The Starbucks mobile app supports Apple Pay for adding funds to a Starbucks card. Starbucks’ in-stores and drive-thru also accept Apple Pay. If you like this guide, you can go through our article on does Chiptole take Apple Pay. Thanks for reading.