Are you hungry for a tasty taco and want to go to Chipotle? But after ordering, the first question that pops up in your head is does Chipotle take Apple Pay?
When it comes to healthy Mexican dishes, Chipotle is a fast-food restaurant famous for serving tacos, bowls, burritos, salads, etc. It’s available at over 3,000 locations in the US making it convenient to get food anywhere.
However, are the payment options convenient? Can you make the payment using Apple Pay? If yes, then how to use it at Chipotle?
We did some research and here’re your answers.
Does Chipotle take Apple Pay?
Yes, Chipotle takes Apple Pay. You can use Apple Pay both in-store and through the mobile app.
Chipotle has updated its POS system that allows customers to pay with Apple Pay.
Chipotle started taking Apple Pay as contactless payment in its restaurants and drive-thru in 2020. Online payment through the app was started even before that.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a secure contactless payment service used by iOS users to make payments in apps, on the web and in-store. It supports iPhone 6 and later, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac. The devices use Near Field Communication (NFC) to securely store payment details. You can use any one of the security methods: Face ID, Touch ID, PIN, or passcode.
This payment service is accepted by more than 85% of retailers in the US. In short, it works anywhere that accepts contactless payments.
In order to use Apple Pay, hold your iOS device near the contactless reader and tap the touch ID button on the screen. You don’t need to open any app or wake up the device’s screen.
If you use an Apple Watch, simply double-click the side button and hold the watch facing the display towards the contactless card reader. A small tap and beep will confirm the successful payment.
How Can You Set Up Apple Pay?
In order to set up Apple Pay, you need to add a credit, debit or prepaid card to the Wallet app on the iPhone, Apple Watch or another compatible device.
Without an iOS device, it’s not possible to use Apple Pay.
Here’re the basic requirements to use Apple Pay:
- A compatible device with the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, macOS or watchOS.
- An Apple ID for the particular Apple device.
- A supported card from the participating card issuer.
Now, for using Apple Pay at Chipotle or anywhere, you first have to add a card to the Wallet app. Here’s how to do it on different devices.
Add a card to iPhone
- Open your Wallet app and tap the Add button.
- Tap Debit Card or Credit Card.
- Tap on Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a new card. Search for your bank or card issuer on the search box or select it from the given list.
- Verify your details with the bank or card issuer. They might ask you to give more information or to download an app before adding your card to use on Apple Pay.
Add a card to Apple Watch
If you have an Apple Watch, you can also add a card to the watch using the steps below:
- On the paired iPhone, open the Wallet app.
- Under My Watch, tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Debit Card or Credit Card to add a new card.
- Tap Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add the card.
- If prompted, verify your details with the bank or card issuer. They might ask you to give more information or to download an app before adding your card to use on Apple Pay.
Add a card to iPad or Mac
Here’re the steps to add a debit or credit card for Apple Pay on your iPad or Mac:
- Open Wallet Settings on your iPad or Mac.
- For iPad, open Settings> Wallet & Apple Pay and for Mac with Touch ID, go to System Preferences> Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Add Card and follow the on-screen instructions to add it.
- Verify your details with the bank or card issuer. They might ask you to give additional information.
Once you add the card successfully, you can use Apple Pay at Chipotle.
How To Use Apple Pay at Chipotle?
You can use Apple Pay at Ciptole in-store and through the app.
Based on your device authentication, here’re the steps to use Apple Pay at Chipotle.
Using Face ID
While paying using Face ID, ensure that your camera screen is clean and you’re facing directly at the camera. To use Face ID at Chipotle, follow these steps:
- Double-click the side button on your iPhone.
- Authenticate your identity with the Face ID. If it doesn’t work somehow, use your passcode.
- Hold your iPhone close to the NFC card reader.
- Keep holding the phone until the payment is done for your Chipotle order.
- You’ll be notified once the payment at Chipotle has been finished. Tap Done to verify it.
Using Touch ID
If you have an iPhone X or older, then use Touch ID to complete the payment at Chipotle with Apple Pay.
- First, scan your fingerprint with the Touch ID recognition pad on your device.
- Then, hold your iPhone near the NFC card reader to initiate the transaction.
- A checkmark and Done message will appear on your screen once the payment is completed.
Using Apple Watch
It’s easier to pay with Apple Pay if you have an Apple Watch. Here’s the process:
- Double-click the side button of your Apple Watch.
- Hold the watch’s display facing the NFC reader and wait for the transaction to be finished.
- A gentle tap and a buzz will confirm the successful transaction.
Using Chipotle mobile app
Now paying using Apple Pay for Chipotle purchases is available for online orders also. The Chipotle mobile app provides a more convenient way to pay online without needing any card details.
The app also stores any promotion you get from the outlet so you can use that discount for future payments.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the Chipotle app on your mobile and login if required.
- Choose Pickup or Delivery.
- Select the dish you’d like to order and add it to the card.
- Re-check the items in the cart and tap Continue to Payment.
- Select your delivery or pickup time and enter other information.
- Choose Buy with Apple Pay as the payment mode.
Pay for Chipotle Drive-Thru orders
You can use Apple Pay at Chipotle drive-thru.
- To use Apple Pay for drive-thru orders at Chipotle, inform the cashier about your payment option. Chipotle
- Hold your Apple device near the NFC reader and wait until the transaction is done.
- A checkmark and done message will show up on the screen.
What are the other accepted payment methods at Chipotle?
Chipotle gives customers multiple payment options according to their choice. That include:
- Prepaid card
- Digital wallets like Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and PayPal
- Debit card
- Credit card (issued by American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover)
- Chipotle gift cards
Pros of Using Apple Pay at Chipotle
Apple Pay may be convenient for paying for Chipotle purchases but is there any benefit? Providing an effortless payment service may not be just enough for its users. So, there’re some perks and pros of using Apple Pay while ordering something from Chipotle.
- Discounts: Add your debit card to the Apple Wallet and you’ll get various discount offers while paying with Apple Pay at Chipotle.
- Privacy and Security: Make a safe and secure payment without worrying about your private information being hacked.
- Easy Checkout: Fast and easy checkout since it’s an online payment.
- Convenience: No need of carrying your wallet or cards with you anymore.
Apple Pay has made life very easy with its quick payment service. So, when you’re craving Mexican burritos or tacos from Chipotle, order online or go to the store and get your order using Apple pay.
There’s no need to dig through the pocket for cash or the card. Just take out your iPhone, scan it and pay with your Apple Wallet instantly.